Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A tragedy never comes alone

While my flatmate was moving and I was buying cutlery, dishes, etc to replace what he was taking with him, two nice ladies with russian accent came to our flat and announced we had a new landlord. At the time it felt like good news as the previous one didn't care much about his tenants, but the possibility the rent might rise stood in the air... Spend two days wondering about my future, made some calculations to see how much I could afford, wondered how quickly would I find a new flatmate, some anxiety...

Today all doubts cleared. They came late (didn't help for the anxiety part) and immediately explain the landlord intended to remodel the entire property. At least we (much thanks to my ex-flatmate) were able to negotiate my stay for the maximum period of one month. So I lost the amazing deal I had, spacious flat for "cheap" price (£130pw) in central London, will have to pay for the full flat during this period here and have to quickly find a new place and new flatmate(s) with few chances of finding something affordable in Central London.

The only good part of this story is that I never actually paid rent for the 2,5 months I've stayed here. The flat needed repairs and the landlord didn't bothered, so we stop paying and he never complained:)

Time to move on...

No comments: