Sunday, October 19, 2008

Internet powered by iPhone

When my flatmate left home he took the broad band internet connection with him and I was so grateful to those smart guys who created the applications Apple tries to ban, I'm referring to the apps which allow to use the iPhone as a 3G modem:) That's how I'm writing this post, from my laptop connect through WiFi to the iPhone which is using its 3G internet connection.

The speed is not fantastic, but is good enough for browsing and emailing. Sometimes I loose connectivity, I suspect it is the mobile carrier throttling me down because of the amount of data transferred which is significant considering it is supposed to be used by a mobile phone.

Even though I'm not making an astronomic data consumption, the fact that there is no limit makes me feel more comfortable.

No comments: