Friday, October 24, 2008

Critical path to next release

My return to work from training couse wasn't the best one I could
imagine. After the standard question "how was the course?", I was
immediatly drawn to a meeting with part of the plan team (including my
manager's manager) to know what was my status on the issues I was
working on and to debrief me about the new issues assigned to me.
After that, when I've finally logged on I had an email from my
manager's manager stating I was the "critical path" to next release,
meaning my tasks are crucial to the release sign off. Went straight
from the relax feeling of a course to the stressful feeling of having
a deadline.

To be completly honest it wasn't that stressful because of the good
team I'm in. No one pressured me and they pointed out to me who I
could ask for help in each issue. Besides, even with deadlines closing
by or even on production issues (bank loosing money) our managers
never act stressed allowing us to act with a cool mind and at our best
potential.

No comments: