Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Gourmet" scrambled eggs with sausages


Now that I'm waiting for the meat to cook, I remembered a topic I wanted to write some time ago - the difference between making simple scrambled and more refined ones.

Usually when I feel lazy about cooking, I pick some eggs, whisk them, add some salt, milk and fry everytinhg with some sliced sausages. Not bad, fills the purpose. But the other day I was feeling a little bit more inventive, so instead of going the easy way I added some more stuff.

1. Chopped half onion and a clove of garlic and fried them on olive oil, a typical portuguese "refogado";
2. Added the mushrooms and sliced sausages;
3. Added the eggs to the frying pan.

It's impressive the difference a refogado does. Not only is more fulfilling and tasty is also more nutritive. For me this is now the perfect meal for a Sunday lunch when I'm lazy and not on the mood to cook. 

No comments: