Sunday, September 05, 2010

Back to London

After 7 months here I am again, not my original plans but life is unpredictable... :)

This time I planned my farewell to Portugal very well. On Friday I spent the morning at Galapos beach with my parents. Afterwards we went for some grilled fish in one of Setúbal's typical neighbourhoods, Fonte Nova. Then said goodbye to my grandmother, our family's authority. The night was spent in Palmela during Festa das Vindimas. A lot of people showed up to say goodbye and offer me a glass of Moscatel, thanks everyone! I think I arrived home at 6 or 7 am...

A few hour later my brother took me to the airport. During check-in I found out I got the executive seat upgrade I asked a few days before (to use my expiring miles) :) Spend some time in TAP Lounge eating and drinking... Unfortunately I didn't have much appetite for the alcoholic beverages which were available with a good variety... Later at the boarding gate we had to wait a long time before actually getting on-board and we ended up arriving one hour late. From there, straight to my assigned accommodation near Bethnal Green (where I am now) and then a little drinks event with old friends and new colleagues :)

The place where I am now temporarily is quite nice, it's a very compact studio but very functional. Here are some photos:



My ironing board:


The smallest dishwasher ever:


And the bathroom:


Today is cloudy for a change, but the temperature is not bad.

No comments: