Thursday, November 13, 2008

Griffin SmartTalk for iPhone Review

Before I bought the Griffin SmartTalk I read several reviews about similar products and most of them placed the SmartTalk in the best position for price/quality. I agree with most of what I read, but after one month of use I discovered a major flaw. Remembering the pros:

- Good sound quality, either for music or talking;
- People hear me well from the other side so the mic quality is good;
- Big button, easy to use and works well;
- The cable is very flexible.

The big con, the cable is very flexible but its connection to the plug is not. When you walk with the iPhone in your pocket the cable as flexible as it is bends and the walking motion makes it rub against the plug. After only one month of use one of the wires broke and I stop hearing from the right phone. There should be a silicon housing protecting the cable in that sensible connection, like the CX-300 and many others have.

My CX-300 lasted 2 years before the wire broke and they were pulled and yanked countless times, some very agressively. Even the original iPhone phones seem to have better union between the plug and the cable.

Sent my SmartTalk to the store, hope they send me a new one...

No comments: